Cost of livin' get so high Rich and poor, they start to cry Now the weak must get strong They say, "Oh, what a tribulation!
- Them Belly Full (But We Hungry) by Gilberto Gil - Samples, Covers and Remixes | WhoSampled?
- Compos MP3;
- Vegetarian Cooking: Simmered Vege Pork with Common Figs, Tangerine Peels and Wolfberries (Vegetarian Cooking - Vege Meats Book 65).
- 10 Comments!
- The Revenge of Thelma Hill!
Them belly full, but we hungry A hungry mob is a angry mob A fain a-fall, but the dirt it tough A pot a-cook, but the food no 'nough. We're gonna chuck to Jah Music- chuckin' We're chuckin' to Jah music- we're chuckin'.
Antiwar Songs (AWS) - Them Belly Full (but We Hungry)
A belly full, but them hungry A hungry mob is a angry mob A rain a-fall, but the dirt it tough A pot a-cook, but the food no 'nough. A hungry man is a angry man A rain a-fall but the dirt it tough A pot a-cook, but the food no 'nough A hungry mob is a angry mob A hungry mob is a angry mob. Please click here if you are not redirected within a few seconds. What does this song mean to you?
Them Belly Full (but we hungry): great new study on food riots and food rights
Yet so many are full while others are hungry. There is nothing about actually fighting. That was the genius of Marley. The message had to be pure.
He had to dare those on the side of wrong to challenge themselves. Sometimes those appeals would be emotional.
Add your thoughts
The emotion was unnecessary. The coldness of the verses spoke to the fire beneath them. The dancing on the hook almost seemed like The Wailers were stepping outside before they really got pissed.
But the point was made. And, as always, Bob was right.
They were doing the very real job of reminding power that the world they ignore is closer than they think. And it get too close for comfort unless something changed.
- Death Blow (Viking Vengeance Book 2);
- Bob Marley - Them Belly Full Lyrics;
- Bob Marley - Les dernières vidéos;
- SCM Core Text Religion and Modern Thought (SCM Classics).
Your email address will not be published.